SARRC's Grandparent's Group
Our Grandparents Group has grown from six initial members in 2002 to more than 350 members. We focus on educating, empowering and supporting grandparents of children with autism.
At our monthly meetings, grandparents do the following:
- Participate in facilitated discussions to gain insight, develop strength, and find hope through shared experiences.
- Learn the latest information regarding autism from guest speakers.
- Receive advice and training on how to interact with our grandchildren from SARRC's professional staff.
- Socialize with each other.
- Tour SARRC's Sybil B. Harrington Campus for Exceptional Children.
Location: SARRC's Sybil B. Harrington Campus for Exceptional Children
2018-2019 Calendar: To be announced!
New Grandparents Orientation
A special orientation of the Grandparents Group for new grandparents are held before each meeting from 9:00-10:00 a.m. The group will then join the regular meeting at 10:00 a.m. This orientation meeting will help answer questions about autism and share information about SARRC which also includes a tour of SARRC's Sybil B. Harrington Campus for Exceptional Children.
To find out more about our Grandparents Group or to join an upcoming meeting, call Kathy Bosco (602) 340-8717.
Grandparents have also become one of SARRC's most dependable group of volunteers. Visit our volunteer page if you're a grandparent interested in finding out more about how other grandparents volunteer for SARRC.