SIBSHOPS: A SPACE FOR SIBLINGS (AGES 7-13)
The Sibshops model provides an avenue for siblings to form a community and share experiences that could lead to a positive impact. Siblings will share many of the same concerns that parents experience but have a unique perspective.
Sibshops provides an environment where participants meet other sibs, have fun, laugh, talk about their experiences, play games, learn about the services their siblings receive, and have more fun. Trained SARRC team members oversee sessions to help support long-lasting sibling relationships.
Sibshops at SARRC is offered to participants ages 7 and 13. The cost is $10.
Sibshops are held on Fridays from 4-5:30 p.m. Participants are welcome to sign up for as many sessions as they like. All sessions will be held at SARRC's Campus for Exceptional Children located at 300 N 18th St, Phoenix, AZ 85006
about Sibshops at SARRC
- Trained SARRC clinicians will run the Sibshops sessions to help support long-lasting sibling relationships.
- Who can attend? Sibshops at SARRC are offered to sibs of individuals with autism in the 7-13-year-old age range.
- What happens at a Sibshop? Fun! Sibshops have between 8-10 activities that include physical games, opportunities for group discussions, crafts, and dinner!
- Do I need to stay? Parents are welcome to stay in our lobby or drop off and pick up. At check-in, we will require that all parents sign a short information sheet and release for their child or that we have a release on file for you.
- Have more questions or need more information before registering? Contact our Family Services team at 602.606.9806